Thursday, October 16, 2014

Getting to Know You















When you think back to your childhood, you would most likely think of stories, memories, and experiences. For me, the phrase “What if?” comes up. One “what if?” moment was the time I asked, “What if you have Coke and Mentos at the same time?” I don’t recommend you try this at home, mostly because you probably know what’s going to happen. The whole experiment is definitely messy and just plain dumb. It started with me asking the “What if?” question at a science camp a few years ago. At some point in time, you’d think that someone would have done what I call the Coke and Mentos Human Experiment (simply the name of my “What if?” question). Turns out, practically nobody has tried it (almost zero people are dumb enough to try it). At the end of camp, during our science show, one of the leaders attempted to do the experiment (for science, of course). If you've seen the effect of getting someone to laugh while they are drinking milk or juice, you’d know that it would most likely come out of their nose. Coke and Mentos have the same effect. You can picture what happens yourself.

Fast forward to today, you’ll most likely see me in front of a computer in my free time programming websites, designing a 3D model, editing music, or remixing soundtracks and music. Most of the programming I do is HTML5, CSS, and JavaScript. I taught myself how to use all three programming languages (see above list). As of now, I’ve created a few websites, one using all three languages. I’m currently trying to learn CSS3. I also do some 3D designing using CAD, computer automated design. Using the program AutoCAD Inventor Professional, I’ve created many objects, such as a pick-up truck and an Ironman Helmet. Music editing and remixing is something I’ve started getting into, which may lead to producing my own music in the future.

Zip ahead to the future and you’ll possibly see me working as a mechanical engineer (ME) or aircraft maintenance engineer (AME). By then, I would probably be working for Boeing, the government, the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF), NASA, or some other engineering or aircraft maintenance company. I want to be able to create my own aircraft design, robot, or robotic suit. To achieve this, I will become either a ME or AME and gain experience in that job.

No comments:

Post a Comment